Monday, April 4, 2011

Quiet Book


I am always on the look out for things that will keep my little one quiet and happy during church.  Sometimes I wonder why I bother going because all I do is chase her around, and I don't get much from the meetings.  So, when I saw this project I knew I was going to make one for her.  We haven't had an opportunity to use it during church yet, but I sure hope it will give us the congregation, a few minutes of peace and quiet!


I used pictures of our family and people that are important to her, as well as pictures that have meaning and importance to our church.

It was quick, cheap and easy, three things I really like about a project!   I bought name badge holders from Wal Mart.  I paid $1.50 for a 12 pack.  The size of the opening in the name badge thing was approx. 2.5" x 3" so I used a photo editing program to re-size all of my pictures just a little smaller than that.  I printed out the re-sized photos on photo paper because I happened to have some on hand.  If I hadn't had the photo paper, I would have just used white cardstock.  After that, it was as simple as cutting cardstock and decorative paper to the right size, adhering my pictures, and slipping them into the name badge holders.  After that was all done, I twisted each name badge holder onto a key ring that I already had on hand.  Using book rings for this would have been a little easier, but I didn't have any and the key ring worked just fine.  After getting them all on the key ring, I simply added a few pieces of ribbon for a little embellishment. 

It was so easy, I even made one for my nephew!





3 comments:

  1. Shannon, these books are cute, clever, and economical. We hope that you forget to bring your book for Harli occasionally because she is soooo cute at church. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY CUTE and a perfect idea for her age

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! I love anything that will keep Austin quiet & occupied during church. My favorite part about this particular project is that I don't even have to make my own because my amazing sister did it for me! You're the best! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete