Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Starting Your Garden Indoors

We recently did a show about how to start your plants indoors.  I think it was one of the best shows we've ever filmed!  Ron Patterson, who is the county extension agent for agriculture, came on and taught us the basics of getting your garden started.  He was so knowledgeable and gave super good tips and information on this topic.  The time flew by and we weren't able to cover half of what we were hoping to.  I will definitely have to invite him to come on again.  Here are a few pictures from the taping.



While we were taping, Ron helped me get my pumpkins planted and explained the process of transplanting the seedlings into a bigger container and ultimately into your garden.  A couple of days later, I planted several more plants.  This is how they are doing today, after about 2 weeks.




I can't wait until it gets warm enough to plant these in my garden outside.  I LOVE fresh vegetables, and I think I will love them even more this year! 

Thank-you Ron, for sharing your knowledge with us on this episode!

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to keep updating this post. I can't wait to see how your garden turns out this year! I too LOVE garden vegetables!

    ReplyDelete