Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Goodies!

I was organizing pictures on my hard drive today, and I thought it would be fun to share some of the goodies I have made over the last several months.  I used to own a catering company, but when we adopted our youngest, I decided to take a break from running a business.  I still dabble in catering a little bit, mostly just with cakes now.  It is a lot less stressful to make a wedding cake than to cater the entire meal for the wedding.  I used to do both.  I think maybe I was crazy.  lol!  Actually, I really enjoy cooking for other people.  I don't think I will ever do it on the same scale that my catering business required of me, but it will always be a part of my life and is something I enjoy immensely.  Here are some photos from the last little while.  Please forgive the photography, I know it needs help!



I still do corporate gifts at Christmas time for a few clients.  This particular client decided to give out their gifts at Thanksgiving time, which I think is a fabulous idea!  I bought an edible ink printer last year, and I LOVE it.  That is how I was able to make these logo cookies.  The cookies were wrapped and attached to the front of the baskets in the top picture.  I didn't get a picture of the finished product, but I was pleased with the way they turned out.  The client I made them for was pleased as well.  They want the exact same thing this year!



These cookies were made for a client that works in a beauty salon.  She gave them to her co-workers for Christmas.  They were gingerbread cookies and again I used my edible ink printer to print the design on the cookies.


More Christmas Gingerbread above, and below are just some random cakes.









The baby shower cake was so fun to make.  That little baby on the top and the blanket over her were made of fondant, as well as the umbrella's in the cupcakes.  The green and white cake was for a St. Patrick's day birthday party and was iced with buttercream.  The 50's cake was for my niece's birthday party.  The whole cake is covered in fondant and I cut the silhouette's out of fondant using an exacto knife.  The Sponge Bob cake was fun to make too, and seriously one of the easiest cakes I've ever done!

One of my BFF's talked me into coming out of retirement to cater her husband's 40th birthday party.  It was a lot of fun, but it made me realize that I am really glad I no longer do this on a regular basis!   


I used my edible ink printer to print photo's from her husband's life on the cookies.  They were wrapped and given to guests as party favors.  They turned out really cute.  The pictures below are from the same party.


Red velvet cake pops dipped in white chocolate.


This was the dessert table.  Besides the cookies and the cake pops, I made brownie bites, chocolate covered strawberries, and cinnamon almonds.  We also served cheesecake bites and chocolate popcorn on the buffet. The cake in the center was white cake with a raspberry filling.  It was a super fun night!

Thanks for reminiscing with me!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had even HALF of your talent! Your creativity really inspires me. The cookies that you made with your edible ink printer are the cutest cookies I have ever seen! I am really loving your cakes. They look super professional. I LOVE the Spongebob cake & your fondant babies have always been my favorite. I'm looking forward to more posts like this!

    ReplyDelete